Sunday, May 1, 2011

I'll Be There For You..

Saturday was our eleven month anniversary. Eleven months... that's almost a year! Last month our monthiversary sort of fell in with Jelly's birthday and this month it sort of fell in with mine, so I didn't want to do a lot, I decided we would just sit at home all day in our pj's and chill... order food, watch movies, play games...that sort of thing. Then Kitty and Jels wanted to make me a cake, so while they attempted to bake, I sat on the couch and prayed they wouldn't catch anything on fire.
That night I laid in bed as my mind drifted off. I recalled our oh so funny April fools day. The hilarious pranks, and the not so hilarious ones. I had just walked out of the shower that night wearing a towel when Kit came up to me and kneed me in the crotch. I bent over in pain,
"What the fuck Kit?"I yelled.
Kit bent over to be eye level with me.
"I told you.... I'd kill you." She said all too seriously.
I had no idea what she was talking about, and after a while it escaped my mind entirely.

I had yesterday off from work, and so I decided to clean the apartment. Jelly and Kit left early for something, and TwoBit was God knows where, so I awoke to an empty house. I started in the kitchen and moved my way into the back rooms scrubbing, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, etc.
Lastly I did the bathrooms. I started with the hall bathroom, then Kit's, and then Jel's. While in the process of sweeping I accidentally knocked over the trash can. I put it aside while I grabbed the bag, it's contents spilling on the floor. I picked up the pieces and replaced them in the bag. When I grabbed the last wad of paper, something dropped out of it. I grabbed the broken plastic and glanced at it carefully. Turning it in my fingers, I almost immediately knew what it was. I scrambled through the trash bag and found the other half. I placed the pieces together and read the clearly exposed pink words "POSITIVE". It had to be Jelly's... it was in HER trash can. I suddenly found it hard to breathe as memories came flashing back to me... April fools, Jelly joking that she was pregnant, Kit kneeing me in the groin.... it all fit perfectly.
I sat amongst the spilled trash on the bathroom floor with my head nearly between my knees. My fingers pulled tightly at my hair. I looked up at the test again when I heard the front door open. I didn't move, but it didn't take long for someone to find me.
How long had she known about this? Why didn't she tell me? What would James think?
Jelly leaned against the doorway.
"I though you were on the pill?" I questioned.
"It was messing me up so I had to stop for a while." Her voice almost a whisper.
"When did you know Jels?" My voice soft.
It took her a minute to answer. "That morning....on April fools..." Her breath grew heavy.
"Are you 100% sure?" I asked.
"Those tests are the ones they use at the hospital. They were just sitting out and I took a few last time I was there with my dad.... just to use for pranks and stuff...I didn't think..." her voice trailed off.
"Does your dad know?" My head ended up between my knees again.
"No. Just Kitty." Jelly answered.
There was another moment of silence, this one longer than the last.
"I'm sorry Dimitri...I should have told you. You shouldn't have had to find out this way..." She said.
I tossed the test back in the trash sack and left it on the floor. I walked up to Jelly, placing my hand on the door frame above her head. I watched a tear roll down her cheek.
"Jels.." I whispered. "You should have told me..."
She looked at the floor, "I know.." she sobbed.
I gently wiped the tear from under her eye then placed my finger under her chin, forcing her eyes to meet mine.
I kept my voice soft, "You know I love you, and you know that you can tell me anything, anytime." I said meaning every word so intently, "I'm right here Jels, and I'm not going anywhere..."
More tears flowed down her cheeks, "....I know." She said.
I pulled her to my chest and held her.
I thought I was smarter than this. I always told myself I'd wait till I was married to have a family. To be ready for it when the time came...
A million thoughts clouded my head.
Kitty's going to kill me... James is going to kill me...Dallas is going to kill me... might as well put my own damn picture on the WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE sign -.-
...but if it had to be with anyone, I wouldn't want it to be anyone else...

I cleared my head, took a deep breath and pulled away.
I cupped Jelly's face in my hands, "I love you." I said looking her in the eye as deep as I possibly could. I gently kissed her then headed off to bed so I could fall asleep before my thoughts invaded again.

9 comments:

Elena Ryder said...

ummmm well if you guys need anything you know I'll be there.


congrats

Kitty Curtis said...

I don't know what else to say other that I'm not sorry I hit you.

Jenna said...

Dude, it's been nice knowning you.....but yea.....Winstons are scarry when their pissed

Dally Winston said...

ok so i kinda went on a rampage when i found out u knocked up my cousin.. but i am kooled off now and realize that i am not one to talk, i have 3 kids and probably would have more if the girls didnt use the mornin after pill andwhat not.. sooo i decided im gonna try to stay away from u for a bit so i dont end up talkin off ur head.

Jamie said...

.............very thoughtful of you dallas lmao
yea i was with blair but since dal's cooling off for you i give you kudos once again for being an amazing boyfriend to jelly and well i hope your kid doesn't turn out like dallas. i mean you and jells are like perfect so it should equal another positive right? but if you get a rebel kid i will laugh. and laugh. and laugh :D

Unknown said...

I'm an uncle??

Angela Shepard said...

HAHAHAHA, I JUST LAUGHED OUT LOUD AT DAL'S COMMENT. "I would probably have more if the girl didn't end up taking the pill..." -damn straight.

And dude, I'm here for you as always. Free babysitter right hereee(:

Dimitri Ryder said...

Woah Chase, let's not get ahead of ourselves now...

Unknown said...

What is that supposed to mean dude? I thought we were brothers for real. I'm hurt.