Monday, January 31, 2011

What I Do When My Girlfriend is On a Date With My Best Friend

As much as I love Jelly's company, she needed to get away from the hospital. I couldn't drag her out myself so I had someone else do it, Chase. With all that's going on I think Jelly forgot about our eight month anniversary, either that or she didn't want to bring it up due to the fact I'm in a hospital bed. So I'm having Chase take Jelly out for our anniversary. Living in California gives you the opportunity to meet all kinds of people... who know people, who know people, giving you all kinds of hook ups. :)
I told Jelly to go home and put on something nice but comfortable then come back. She was confused but didn't question me. When she returned, Chase was standing in the room holding a single rose.
"What is going on?" Jels asked.
"Well since I'm not leaving this hospital any time soon, Chase is going to take you out tonight in honor of our eighth monthiversary." I explained.
She began to protest but I gave her that look that always ends up winning in the end.
So I sent them off to have fun without me. I had my own plans...
Jelly's dad walked in after a while and plopped down in the chair next to my bed.
"On break?" I asked.
"Yeah kid you're keeping me pretty busy." He joked.
I smiled, then thought I'd cut to to the case and ask him something,
"Dr. Winston..." I began only to be cut off,
"Dimitri you've got to stop calling me that, it makes me feel old." He laughed.
"Ok then... James, if I were to ask permission to marry your daughter... what would you say?" I'd hoped the heart monitor wouldn't show any signs of my heart race increasing.
"You threw yourself in front of a speeding car possibly saving my daughter's life, you make her beyond happy, you're protective of her, and love her deeply.... I would be an idiot not to accept you as a son in law." Damn, all I wanted was a yes or no, but instead he had to almost bring me to tears. "I already consider you a son........so yes, I would give you permission to marry my daughter." That made me smile unbelievably.
"When you were still asleep, your heart rate was very slow... but every time Jelly would walk in the room your heart rate would go up. Jelly's mind was too occupied to notice, but I noticed. And then I thought of if it was her in this hospital bed instead of you... I think she would have been in less pain if she were hit by the car than watching you suffer it." He smiled and looked down at the floor.
We talked a short while after that, then he had to get back to work. But just as he left, someone followed in after him.....
"Hey Blair." I greeted.
'Sup? How are you doing?" She asked.
"Well, I'm alive." I smiled.
"That's for sure a plus." she laughed while sitting down next to me.
"I'm glad you came by actually..."
"Really? Why? What's up?" She was curious.
"Blair, you can't keep doing this to yourself... the narcotics, you're better than that Blair.. and I know you know that."
She looked at me puzzled. "But how did you.."
"I heard everything you said to me Blair.... and what you told me pained me more than my injuries. You have a family that loves you and friends that care about you... you don't need drugs when you have people like that in your life." I thought I saw a tear escape across her cheek, but she turned her head too quickly for me to tell.
"I know," she looked down at her fidgeting fingers, "I hate it.. and I'm trying to fix it."
"I hope so.. for the sake of this one." I playfully poked her stomach.
"Well, thanks Dim, I guess I'll stop by later this week." She started to walk out the door,
"By the way... I'd be honored if you named your daughter Shiloh Ryder." And with that she smiled and turned out the door.

10 comments:

Jamie said...

:D you know im glad this post wasn't what i thought it was gonna be after reading the title xD it wasnt pretty

Dally Winston said...

haha u trust ur friend chase there a lot haha

Elena Ryder said...

Awww jellers is gonna be my sister-in law. (: hehe yay!

Dawn Cade said...

yeahh..im with jame-o on that one xD. and i hope that little marrying part was foreshadow..

Kitty Curtis said...

I. Feel accomplish

Angelica Winston said...

I rather like that conversation you had with my dad :D

Jenna said...

Soo....Now the Ryder, Matthews, Curtis, and Winston families will all be related :P Good to know

Kitty Curtis said...

I knew I consider y'all my family, I never meant it literally. Dammit.

Angela Shepard said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! ANOTHER WEDDING,SCOOOORE!

J.A said...

thts sweet u 2 are one of my fave couples