Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Nightmare On My Street

I pushed myself further, feet pounding against the sidewalk. It was dark, very dark and the street lights were coincidentally forgotten tonight. Sweat fell off my face hitting the ground below me. I was terrified, but I had no idea why. I just kept running with the mind that I could never ever stop. I didn't even know where I was going, I just kept pushing forward.
Something caught my foot in the darkness, and I stumbled to the ground. I looked back to see what had tripped me. There was something bundled up on the pavement, lifeless and still. I bent down to look closer... brunette hair and deep brown eyes...it was my sister, Elena. Tears spilled out of my eyes falling on to her dead body. I fell to the ground in grief, screaming out loud sobs. I noticed something in my peripheral vision. I spun around to find another body laying in the street. At a closer glance, I recognized the face of Brooke. Just beyond her.....was Dallas, and then Soda and Pony, and later Johnny, Kit, and Steve. Everywhere I turned there were bodies...Carson, Dawn, Darry, Austin, Angela, Curly..... the entire gang was laying dead in the street before me, rivers of blood spilling out in to the horrific night. I looked up across the bodies and across the street, seeing Jelly's house in the distance. I glanced at the bodies again, noticing that her's was not among them. I broke out into another sprint, leaving my grief behind me to dwell on later. I kept running...but the house wasn't getting any closer, it clung to the furthest point in my vision refusing to meet me halfway. I forced my feet to dig in deeper but still the house remained planted where it was. I started to scream Jelly's name hoping, praying she was alive and could hear me. Before I could get her name out, something pierced my back sending me crashing into the pavement, then the darkness over took me.

I sprung up in my bed panting. Goosebumps tickled my neck and a cold sweat slithered down my skin. My face was stained from tears and my heart was trying to rip itself from my chest. Never had I ever had such a realistic vivid dream before. I wanted to scream, the fear was so real. I leaped out of my bed, threw on some sweats and a t-shirt and walked barefoot out my front door. Jel's house wasn't far, so I just decided to walk. Her porch light was off like I expected at four in the morning. I opened the door with the hidden spare key and quietly made it in to her room. I slid into her bed next to her. She moved a little but didn't wake up. I slid my arm down across her waist and pulled her close to me. I immediately felt better and eventually was able to drift off to sleep.

8 comments:

Angelica Winston said...

That's one freaky dream!

Jamie said...

thats some scary shit..........:O

Kitty Curtis said...

Oh Dimitri, it's fine. Nothing is ever going to happen to us. :)

And, you gotta stop watching so many scary movies before bed.

Curly Shepard said...

HAHA. Okay this is totally off topic but I scrolled down to comment annnd I saw your Facebook badge and the status thing says "I disturb myself" Hahaha, I laughed out loud.

Elena Ryder said...

Thats one freaky dream like jelly said! i bet you 50 bucks mine are ten times worse but anyways kitkat is right nothing will happen to them

i love you brother :)

ElenaR

Dally Winston said...

Good job scarying yourself

Brookie Cade said...

that....is really creepy. and im glad it was a dream. i mean it obviously was cuz..that wouldnt happen to dallas. :P

Dally Winston said...

i dont get it brook