Wednesday, October 20, 2010

An Unexpected Visitor



I got home after working at the DX this morning. I took a quick shower, and while I was in the process of putting clothes on, I heard a knock at the front door. I headed downstairs in a pair of jeans and my hair dripping wet. I was expecting maybe Jels or one of the gang but instead I opened the door to find my mother standing on the porch.
"Dimitri.." she screamed with excitement, as she threw her arms around me.
"Mom? What are you doing here?" She didn't inform me of her visit ahead of time.
"Oh, well it's nice to see you too son..." she said with a fake abrupt tone.
"No...I mean...you didn't tell us you were coming." I informed.
"So I need permission to visit my kids?" she asked.
My mom is a smart woman. The kind who gets what they want when they want it. The kind who doesn't take "No" for an answer. Despite what she did to me and Elena when we were kids, I still love her, after all, that was a long time ago...back when she was into drugs and alcohol. She's been sober since I started high school, and ever since, she's been trying to make up for it and be the mother she should have been.
I smiled. "Of course not mom." I said hugging her.
She informed me that she was here to help Adrain and Morgan pack. They're moving back to California....for now. Apparently Tulsa isn't good enough for them.
Mom shoved something in to my hand. I looked down at an envelope. Inside I found a check... a somewhat large check.
"Mom...I don't need this.." I tried to give it back to her, but she refused.
"You need it. Adrain and Morgan won't be here to help with the bills, and I'm sure Elena probably isn't much of a help either.."
"Actually mom...Elena got a job."
My mother gave me a look like I had just lost all sanity.
"She got a job?" she questioned.
"Yeah, and she's kept it for quite a while now."
"Hmm," she pondered that, "what else has she been up to?"
"Sleeping with the whole neighborhood." I laughed
"Dimitri Alan Ryder...do not talk about your sister like that." she playfully hit me.
Still smiling I informed her of how Elena got back with Jake...only to break up again, the I told her how Elena's best friend from Cali, Cory came to town and now...well..they're together. And I actually approve of him.
"What about you Dim. You find anyone special down here?" She looked at me with those same blue eyes that I see every time I look in the mirror.
I looked down and just smiled. She gave me a look as I shut the front door behind her.
"Whats her name?" she asked.
"Jelly!" She gave me an expression, as if I was joking. I laughed "It's a nick name mom, her real name is Angelica." Taking in her reaction to that, I couldn't wait to see the look on her face when I told her about Sodapop and Ponyboy.
"Picture?"
I pointed to the fireplace where a picture of me and Jels sat in a black frame. Mom walked up and snatched it from its sitting position.
"Dimitri, she's gorgeous." she commented.
"Yeah, she is. And sweet, and loving, and pure.." My mind trailed off.
"Boy... she's got you wipped." Mom replied with a smirk on her face.
I smiled, plopping down on the couch. "Yeah.... I love her."
Mom's eyes got wide, "You have never been one to take the L word lightly son.... she must really be something.... can I meet her?"
Somehow I knew that question was coming. "Sure mom, if you want to." I smiled.



8 comments:

Angelica Winston said...

Woah. Quite unexpected.

Kitty Curtis said...

Is it 'meet the unexpected intimidating relatives' week or something? And I want to see her face when you tell her about Soda's and Pony's names.

Jamie said...

um why is it that i dont know ur mom but i find her more intimidating then gma winston? :O

Elena Ryder said...

Woo...haha

Yes kitkat it is...Dim i didnt know morg is movin out for a bit?
Haha i laughed when mom asked bout my job shes such a downer

Dally Winston said...

I told u u where whipped

Jenna said...

Your mom seems....intresting. Haha and Dal I wouldn't be talking if I was you :P

Jamie said...

lmao

Angelica Winston said...

You should post about your mother and I meeting