Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Great Night, With A Great Girl

Word of advice... Don't go roller skating unless you know how to.

In California I never went roller skating, there were a lot of other things to do, so I never learned.
Jelly and I doubled with Kit and TwoBit. I knew it was going to be an epic failure from the start, but I went anyways, cause Jelly was there and as long as I'm with her I'm never disappointed. =) We got our skates on and the second I stood up, I sat right back down again. Jelly laughed at me and took my hands pulling me up.
I lost count after falling on my ass for the eighteenth time, but every time we just laughed it off. I don't think we would have had as much fun if I did know how to skate LOL. I wasn't the only one falling though, TwoBit and his cockiness sent his ass to the floor a few times. Turning was the hardest part. The first time I rounded a corner, I lost my balance and pulled Jelly down too, but i broke her fall and instead of landing on the floor, she landed on me. The next thing we heard was Kitty yelling at us to get a room. Gotta love Kitten =D
After receiving countless bruises and possibly a sprained tail bone, it was getting late so we had to leave because they were starting to close. We walk outside and it's pouring down rain. I offered to run and get the car across the parking lot and drive up to the door, but just before I stepped off the curb this blue volvo drives through a puddle in front of me drowning me with water. I turned to the laughs and giggles coming from behind me. "This just isn't my night." I said. I walked up to TwoBit, Kit, and Jelly. They were almost peeing their pants. "It's really not that funny." I added. "No," Jelly said "really, it is." And with that I swept her up in a tight bear hug getting her wet too. She pushed me playfully out into the rain.
Somehow we all ended up in the parking lot splashing puddles of water at each other, and apparently I can't keep my balance even without skates because I tripped over a water filled pot hole that sent me bumping in to Jelly and both of us to the ground. This time i landed on top of her, with my hand behind her head making sure it didn't go smashing in to the concrete. "You're right" she said, "tonight isn't your night." I smiled at her and said "I think now I have to disagree." And I leaned in and kissed her.

Eventually we decided that hypothermia wasn't something we wanted to suffer through so we piled into the car and headed home. We dropped off TwoBit and Kit each at their own houses. "I don't want to go home." Jelly said disappointed. So we went to my house. It's summer yes, but at midnight in the pouring rain things got quite chilly so I got the fireplace going to keep us warm and dry us off faster. Of course changing in to dry clothes helps too so I lent Jelly another pair of my clothes ha ha.
I didn't want to get the leather couch wet from our skin and hair so we ended up cuddled between pillows on the floor in front of the fireplace, and well we talked... a lot. I glanced at the clock which read 3:30 AM. I looked down at Jelly whose sleeping head rested on my chest. I didn't want to wake her up, so I carefully carried her to my bed and tucked her in making sure she would stay warm enough.
I had yet another amazing night with my amazing girl.

So... i guess tonight I'll be sleeping on the couch ; )

9 comments:

Brenan said...

oh, how nice.

Kitty Curtis said...

But I wanted you to get Hypothermia! Hehe. It was a fun night. You boys fail at roller skating. Maybe we'll take you figure skating next time.

Dimitri Ryder said...

great, ill probably slice a finger off

Elena Ryder said...

when i saw that note on the table that you went rollar skateing i said oh ok so i headed over there in the BLUE VOLVO and you guys were outside i splashed YOU hahahah sucker......later on i got arrested for driving under the influence OOPS So thats who was on the couch hahah love you bro
your welcome for getting you wet

Kitty Curtis said...

Damn Dimitrian, I didn't thought of that. Blood. Ew, bad idea.

Angelica Winston said...

It was hard not to laugh at your lack of roller skating skills, but it was really sweet that you tried :) and figure skating would land us a visit to the ER.

J.A said...

well that made me laugh the whole time dimitri....roler...skatingg hahaha lol no offense tho but that was preety funny

Carson Randle said...

Sounded like a smashing time. Haha I would pay to see you and twobit figure skateing, or maybe sengronized swimming :D

J.A said...

hey dim check my newest blog plzzz...