Thursday, June 3, 2010

First Date

I took Jelly out tonight. I spent endless hours on figuring out what to do for our first official date. So I took her to the zoo. Yes THE ZOO! I'm sure you have all been to the zoo before, but you haven't been like this.

I didn't tell her where I was taking her because I didn't want to disappoint her by saying "Oh, were going to the zoo for our first date." Yeah sounds like a convincing relationship. Anyways... I pull up to her house around 5. I told her to dress comfortable, she looks divine even when she's dressed down. She was wearing black skinny jeans, and a purple button up blouse. "Hey Gorgeous!" I said handing her a single orange Lily. I didn't feel it was quite right for a rose. We linked arms while walking to the car. "Where are we going?" she asked. "You'll see." I answered. "I like surprises." she added. "Good. I promise you won't be disappointed." I said, flashing a smile.

We pulled in to the parking lot of the zoo. I looked over at Jelly. She wasn't quite disappointed, she was more curious, especially when I didn't wait in line to pay, we went through a door off to the side. "Are we sneaking in?" she said playfully. "My sisters the manager, we get in free." I informed.
We walked around a bit, pointing and commenting on the animals, like normal people do at the zoo. We came to the meerkats. Jelly leaned over the glass commenting on how cute they were. She stuck her hand out trying to attract one's attention. "Do you want to play with them?" I asked. She looked at me stunned. "Are you serious?" she said. I pulled my sister's manager key from my pocket. Behind all of the animals cages, is a place where they bathe, feed, and lock up the animals overnight. A few meerkats had been pulled to be fed. I walked over to the small metal feeding cage. I reached in and gently picked up one of the tiny furry creatures. Cradling it in my arm, I turned to Jelly. She was still surprised that we were allowed to be doing this. She reached out and pet the meerkat. After a while playing with the meerkats, we spent time "behind the scenes." We fed the penguins and alligators and even got to see the new baby tigers.
After wandering the unknown parts of the zoo, it was about time for dinner. I love getting benefits from my sister's job =). Near the middle of the zoo by the hippos and otters, there's a large pond, and in the middle of the pond is a small island with a gazebo. I had arrangements for dinner under the gazebo. Well, my sister went above and beyond my expectations. The pond was surrounded in orchids and from the gazebo hung twinkling lights. The only way to the gazebo is a small boat, it's completely surrounded by water. I had a picnic set up underneath it.
We ate and talked and laughed. It absolutely had to be the best first date I've ever been on, and I wouldn't have wanted it to be with anyone else.
It got late, and I had to take Jelly home. We pulled up to her house and I walked her to her front door. She turned before opening the door, "I had a..." she was searching for the right word and ended up picking two "...a marvelously, fascinating time." She said with that smile of hers that I love so much. I smiled back, "I'm glad." I said "I told you, you wouldn't be disappointed." She smiled recalling my words earlier. "That's actually the first time I saw all of that too." I added. "I wasn't positive that we would completely have the access that we did." "So you weren't disappointed either!" She guessed. "With you...I never could be." I stated. I brushed her cheek and pulled her forehead to my lips. After saying goodnight, I turned and headed home, hesitantly putting an end to the best first date of my life with the best person in it.

6 comments:

Brookie Cade said...

omg! that is soooooooooo sweet dimitri!

Kitty Curtis said...

AWWWWWW. Cutie pies! I'm glad you two are getting along so well. You missed a "Thank you Kitty for setting us up".

Dimitri Ryder said...

I'll send you a card...

Kitty Curtis said...

Pussy.

J.A said...

aww that was so cute im glad u and jelly r happy and im using my real name


-Katherine Jannill Parker Durian

Angelica Winston said...

I had such a great time Dimitri. It was just so amazing. Best date ever :)