Thursday, January 6, 2011

California :)

A little while back, Jelly told me that she wanted to meet my whole family. So, for our seven month anniversary I'm taking her to California. Our plane left Tuesday night at 7, which put us in California around 11pm. We rented a car and drove the short distance to my house. Jelly was close to falling asleep, until we pulled into the driveway.
"Holy...... this is your house?" I thought her finger was going to point right through the windshield.
"No. I live in Tulsa remember?"
"But.....how..?" She was apparently not taking this the way I expected.
"Let's just say my grandfather had a lot of money." I explained.
"No...your grandfather is freakin rich." She corrected.
"Well if you put it that way, he WAS rich. He passed away a couple of years ago, but my family still owns quite a few businesses around here."

I got the luggage out of the car and led the way inside. Jelly was still amazed even after the tour I gave her of the house.
"Why didn't you tell me you were rich?" she asked.
"Cause I'm not. My grandparents might be, but I'm not." I answered.
Just then I heard a scream. I looked over to see my grandmother.
"Hey gammy." I said with a smile on my face.
I opened my arms for an expected hug, but instead she walked right past me and threw her arms around Jelly.
"I can't believe I'm finally meeting you."
It wouldn't have surprised me if my grandmother had a heart attack just then by the was she was reacting.
"My, you are just beautiful." She said still holding on to Jels.
"Gammy this is Jelly."
I thought I was going to have to get a chainsaw to pry her off of Jelly.
Next to enter the room was Mom, but thank God her hugs weren't as over reacted.

After greetings and introductions, I led Jelly up to my room.



"This is where we will be sleeping." I informed.
She glanced around at my trophies and awards from high school. Then she came across a picture...
"Who are they?" she asked
"Those are my friends...you will get to meet them later this week."
And she did, this morning they all came over and we hung out playing pool and using the hot tub ;)


My Best Friend (before i moved to tulsa)

Chase

Another one of my good friends...

Adam

And this is the life of OUR parties..


Scott

Chase's girlfriend Megan


And then that best "girl" friend that knows everything about you and doesn't let you forget it. Ashley




We're having a good time in Cali and will be back late on Sunday, but until then we will continue to keep you updated.

7 comments:

Kitty Curtis said...

Am I the only one who thinks I'm being replaced?

Angelica Winston said...

I am digging Cali :D

Angela Shepard said...

I wanna meet Chaseeeeeeeeee(;

Jamie said...

chase is hot. oh and ashley sounds like your kit replacement xD

Kitty Curtis said...

Snif. Thanks for pointing that out James. -.-

Dimitri Ryder said...

Considering Ashley was first that makes Kit my Ashley replacement :)

Kitty Curtis said...

I'll hunt Ashley down and make her disapear. Muahahahahahahaha.