Friday, November 26, 2010

New Addition to the Family

I've been thinking about getting a dog for quite some time now, but I just haven't really started looking for one. So on Monday I decided to make a stop by the pound on the way home. I don't like pet stores, they're too expensive and the animals are guaranteed more safety there, so I chose the pound where the animals lives are gambled. Adoption = live, No Adoption = terminated. It's sad yes, but unfortunately this is how our messed up society works. So I don't only gain a pet this way, but I save an animals life :)
I walked down endless rows of chain link gates seeing face after face of potential ending lives. It wasn't till I was almost to the end when one dog really got to me. He wasn't the cutest dog or even the friendliest, there was just something about him that called to me. I asked one of the nearby janitor's about this dog's situation. They said he was abused, although he had no signs of any physical injuries, he was no doubt desperately in need of a little love. Being the softie that I am, I chose him. Cost me $20 plus the expenses of pet needs which we acquired at Petsmart on the way home. Walking him down the isles at the store was fun, he picked out his own toys haha. As soon as we got home, he fell asleep on the couch.
Well here he is......

Name: Cloud
Breed: Yellow Lab
Age: 3 years


8 comments:

Elena Ryder said...

I love cloud hes the sweetest i think jasalin luvs him to!:)

Jamie said...

:) he's cute seems like one of those loyal, wait-for-you-afterschool type of dogs xD

Angelica Winston said...

He's adorable!!!!!!! I can't go anywhere near pounds, I get emotional. :(

Kitty Curtis said...

Society fails. End of story. This is probably one of the few nice things you've ever done Dimitrian ;P. Adoption is a sign of unvoluntary love. You don't have to, you want to. I think Cloud would do a great job as a football player, don't you think?

Angela Shepard said...

Kit, like Airbud!
And he's soo cute, Dimitri!

Dimitri Ryder said...

few nice thins kitten?

fine, next time your brother asks me to help fix up a car he want to give u for your birthday, i tell him NO :p

Angelica Winston said...

If it helps, I think you do a lot of nice things babe :D

Dally Winston said...

he can play with shr!mp haha