Monday, August 8, 2011

All For Love

I can't say I missed Tulsa while chilling on the beach in California, but I am glad to be back home after two much needed weeks of vacation.
During those two weeks there was skinny dipping, prank pulling, heavy drinking, and I'm not going to lie, there was a little sex on the beach (and I'm not talking alcohol ;)
But if I had to choose a highlight point, it would definitely be our last night. It was just after dinner and Chase and Dawn decided to go out on the boardwalk for rides and fireworks an such things, but Jelly and I decided to stay behind.
I had walked downstairs from just taking a shower when I noticed Jelly sitting on the couch. I placed one hand over her eyes and guided her with the other.
"I want to show you something." I whispered softly in her ear.
It was dark, nearly midnight, but the glow from the lighthouses in the distance gave it just enough clarity to see where I was going. We walked out to the edge of the dock extending nearly fifty yards from the shore. I guided her carefully on the edge letting her feet dangle over. I removed my hand an pointed to the water below us. It glowed a soft blue, with sudden flashes of purple here and there.
"What is it?" Jelly asked.
"Jellyfish. They always come out here before a storm comes in." I explained.
Her gaze held on the water below, amazed at the scenery. My eyes never left her face, the glittering of the reflection on her eyes, the way her hair danced in the violent wind, every breath she took I cherished deeply. After a minute or two she looked over at me.
"You know I was thinking, when we get back maybe we can go pick out our 'save the dates'." She said.
"Jels, to choose your 'save the dates', you have to know your date." I clarified, a bit puzzled.
She looked back at the flashing of the lights below the water's surface.
"December 9th." She said.
"December 9th?" I have bugged Jelly every day about setting a wedding date, since the moment I put a ring on her finger. I figured it would take some time to think about, and I didn't want to rush it, but I couldn't help myself, I needed that date, it made things seem more official.
Jelly just simply nodded with a smile.
I suddenly forgot where I was, the beautiful scene extending beyond the shore, the twinkling lights of ships far in the distance, the sound of the waves meeting the sand. My lips crashed into hers, not with violence, but with passion. I didn't care where I was, I didn't care that we were heading home tomorrow, the only thing that surrounded me...was her.
I pulled her against me, my fingers winding in her hair. She tugged at my shirt, which was off in the next half second. My lips tickled her neck as she laid back on the dock.
The feeling inside of me was something I had never felt before. I didn't think I could feel more strongly for her than I already did, but something was different. This time it wasn't just about sex, it was about loving her. There was nothing wrong or shameful about it, like those dreams where your naked in a crowd and no one seems to care. If the entire population of California had been standing right there I can't say it would have bothered me. It was no longer about desire, it was purely all for love.

6 comments:

Brenan said...

the end makes you sound like a gaylord. just throwing that out there.


jelly's mine, bitch. fuck off. >:(


have fun planning the wedding.


xoxo, bren

Carson Randle said...

you guys are so cute :3.

Jamie said...

um i like just realized this was Dim's blog and not chase.....akward...

Kitty Curtis said...

I love you, Brenan, and don't worry, this is just a cover up. :D Another wedding! I'm so excited!!! And december 9! A day after Two-Bit's birthday. I'm guessing someone is not going to get any attention that day. :D

Jenna said...

I feel like every comment I write on your blog is telling you how cute you are. So I'm going to point out the whole time you were discribing the semi-sex scene with Jels I was hoping you'd say you came early xD

Dimitri Ryder said...

Blair, Kit told me to take ur comment as "I want u." XD